Sunday, November 30, 2008

Role Model #4


About a month ago I realized how much a role model I must be on the team. We are such a young team and leaders/role models have to start to show. He asked me tell a post where to go on a certain play. Well I play point guard or shooting guard so I did not know where they post went. Well I had to go ask the senior and it just kind of made me realize a lot about what coach expects out of me especially as I will be stepping in next year as the point guard. He took me aside after practice and said that I had to start leading. This has been a very challenging thing because I never had to do that, even in high school. He's the coach so I will do that to my best ability. It will just be very hard. I am so glad our senior captain is the best at it, so I can learn from her and do everyday. Gaining the respect of my teammates is very important to me because it will make the team that much better, especially in terms of chemistry.

No comments: