Wednesday, April 21, 2010

#6 Develop Ways to Recharge Your Battery


There was a certain way I was planning to recharge my battery, prayer a certain amount of time when I woke up and a certain amount before bed. The goal was 15 minutes and I did not know if I had actually set it too high. Not sure why I thought that at all because I love praying & talking with God. As I began to do this, I felt like 15 minutes was not that much and wanted to use that for more devotional time. As I would read and study, I began to feel better and stronger mentally. Reading in the morning got me ready for the day. The quiet time I got to have with God was so great and will continue to be. Through prayer and meditation, He began to show me what He wants done in my life. He has brought so many special people into my life over these past few months and I believe it is because of prayer. I've always wanted to keep a journal and write things down (verses, quotes, & such) that would be beneficial for me and others later on in life. I cannot express how much it has helped me and how many times I have used it for Him. Keeping this journal going is a goal I have. It's not an everyday thing, but the devotionals and prayer still are. God's opened up the door for a lot of different opportunities and I believe it has a lot to do with faithfulness in prayer. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to "recharge my battery" and I pray that He continues to equip.

No comments: