Wednesday, March 17, 2010

#8 Learning to identify allies


Going back to my high school was so weird, but so fun. I went to a basketball game to see how the program was holding up. My high school P.E. teacher was there and so I got a great chance to sit and talk with her about what I was experiencing and also questions that I had about teaching in the high school setting. First, I asked her how bad of a student I was in P.E. She said that I was just a funny kid who loved to play. We did have a lot of fun times in that class. She was surprised when I told her I was going into P.E. Teaching because she knew I was Sports Ministry at my previous school. It's crazy how people can know you for a while or just a little bit and when you tell them something they say, "Oh I can see that." It was nice to know that she had that faith in me. She told me that I had to make sure and put my foot down when it came to kids acting out in class or enforcing rules. I asked her what her favorite thing is about being a P.E. teacher. She said that it was probably wearing sweats everyday. I mean who doesn't love that? My teacher really made Physical Education fun for me and I am truly thankful.

Academic Contacts:
Susan LeVasseur
Peg Kelly
Wayne Priest
Rhonda Pew
Barb Carbaugh
Anna Clark
Caryn Huntsman
Tom Bergler
Steve Wiktrowski
Pam Hayes
Kris Miller
Connie Updike
Rhonda Henry
Sister Mary Anne Smith
Geri Yost
Luke Fetters

No comments: